2023 CHSSP Summer Institutes
Starting in June, the California History-Social Science Project network is hosting several summer institutes in different regions of the state! We hope you will join us for focused approaches on topics ranging from ethnic studies, world history, and discipline-specific literacy. These summer institutes bring together a community of teachers, scholars, as well as university educators to deepen our knowledge and share best practices in teaching.
Below is a brief overview of the Summer Institutes happening throughout the state. For more detailed information about individual summer institutes, you can visit our events page here.
- June 12-16, UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project, High School Ethnic Studies Initiative
- June 13-14, UC Santa Cruz History & Civics Project, Engaging & Accessible History Instruction for Multlingual Learners
- June 20-22, UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project, Literacy for H-SS Educators
- June 20-22, CHSSP, UC Davis, Regional Ethnic Studies Institute: Community, Hearts, and Minds
- June 21-23, UCLA History-Geography Project, Themes in World History: Democracy and Power
- June 26-30, CHSSP, UC Davis, Teacher Leadership Institute
- June 26-30, UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project, Integrated Action Civics Introductory Institute
- July 12-14, CHSSP, Teaching with Primary Sources: Sources of Justice Film Institute
- July 17-28, Online and In-person, CHSSP, Area 3 Writing Project, Bay Area Writing Project, Ethnic Studies Critical Literacies
- July 18-20, CHSSP, UC Davis, Cruz Reynoso Summer Institute