The following collection of lesson and unit plans, primary source sets, and secondary resources are designed to provide teachers (and parents who homeschool) with tools to support student learning.
- Grade Groups. Starting in the fall of 2020, the CHSSP will convene grade-level groups. Teachers in grades k-2, 3-4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (ethnic studies), 10, 11, 12 (government and economics) will convene online to address challenges of teaching in the pandemic, share resources, and collaborate. Registration information coming soon!
- Homeschool. Resources, lessons, and new ideas for parents, teachers, and students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Current Context. Designed to help students learn more about current events in the news, these resources include short readings and follow up questions.
- History Blueprint. Three comprehensive units of study with step by step instructions, interactive maps, and all related materials: Sites of Encounter in the Medieval World (for Grade 7), The Civil War (for Grade 8), and The Cold War (for Grades 10 and 11)
- Teaching the Election. Resources and lesson plans on the electoral process.
- Writing in History. Writing guides for students and teachers.