The CHSSP is proud to announce our 2021-2022 Grade Group Series
We invite TK-12th grade educators to become CHSSP Grade Group Fellows by joining one or more of the following groups:
Grade TK-3; Grade 4; Grade 5; Grade 6; Grade 7; Grade 8; Grade 10 (Modern World); Grade 11 (Modern U.S.); Ethnic Studies (K-12); Government (12th Grade)
- Click here for specicfic information about what to expect in each Grade Group.
- Grade Group fellows will convene for six after-school workshops and discussion groups.Workshops will include presentations by university professors, experienced teacher leaders, and/or teacher educators.
- Educators will have the opportunity to read and discuss recent educational and disciplinary research, share and receive feedback on lessons, and collaborate on the development of new curriculum.
- Grade Groups will provide a unique opportunity for local teachers to collaborate with educators and scholars across California to collectively reimagine and reframe their approach to instruction.
- Educators will discuss how to: 1) engage students and address learning acceleration; 2) integrate anti-racism into their courses; 3) assess student learning
- Grade Groups will highlight an inquiry model of instruction, designed to engage student interest and support student learning.
- Each Grade Group will convene six times between October, 2021 and April, 2022.
- Grade TK-3 will meet Tuesdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 19, November 16, January 11, February 8, March 8, April 5
- Grade 4 will meet Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 13, November 17, January 19, February 16, March 16, May 4
- Grade 5 will meet Thursdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 14, December 16, January 6, February 17, March 10, March 31
- Grade 6 will meet Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: September 29, October 27, December 1, January 12, February 16, March 16
- Grade 7 will meet Thursdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 5, November 2, December 7, January 25, February 22, March 22
- Grade 8 will meet Mondays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 18, November 15, December 6, January 24, February 28, March 21
- Grade 10 will meet Mondays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 25, November 8, November 29, January 24, February 7, and March 7
- Grade 11 will meet Mondays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 18, November 15, January 10, February 28, March 14, April 25
- Grade 12 Government will meet Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 20, November 17, January 19, February 16, March 16, April 20
- Ethnic Studies (K-12) will meet Thursdays from 4:00-5:30. Specific Dates: October 28, November 18, December 9, January 13, February 10, March 3
- Online, through Zoom and other web platforms
- To foster a statewide network of Teacher Fellows
- Thanks to CARES Act Support, Grade Group participation is free these year!
- The application period has closed for the 2021-2022 Grade Group Teacher Fellow Program.
- Grade Group Teacher Fellows with strong attendance will be awarded certificates of completion.
- Grade Group Fellows may receive 2 Continuing Education Units through the UC Davis Extension. This link will take you to the Professional Development for Educators Enrollment Page. Make sure that you select the correct grade level that corresponds with your group(s). If you have questions, please email Beth Slutsky: email@example.com.