The California History-Social Science Project, Bay Area Writing Project, and Area 3 Writing Project present a two week professional development workshop for K-12 teachers that focuses on examining critical literacies in Ethnic Studies. Join teachers from both the Greater Sacramento and Bay Areas as take a deep dive into Ethnic Studies pedagogy and praxis.
July 17-28, 2023 | 9:00 am - 1:00 pm | $1,000 Stipend
Topics to Include
- Reading & reflect on scholarship that supports Ethnic Studies instruction
- Participate in discussions & workshops around content knowledge, self-reflection, theory, & praxis
- Learn from local community partners & Ethnic Studies educators
- Discuss content knowledge & instruction strategies in small groups
- Build K-12 Ethnic Studies teacher communities
- July 17 @ UC Berkeley Ethnic Studies Library
- July 18-20 Virtual on Zoom
- July 21 In-Person location TBD
- July 24-27 Virtual on Zoom
- July 28 In-Person at UC Davis
- '23-'24 School Year: Virtual Meet-up dates TBD
How to Apply
Applications are due by April 21, 2023.
Application will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. We would like for you to tell us about yourself, why you would like to join the Critical Literacies Institute, and your availability. Please note: by applying with this form, you are indicating your willingness to commit to the two-week hybrid (online and in-person) summer institute at UC Davis and UC Berkeley between July 17-July 28 (Monday-Friday). Applicants will be notified of their statuses by May 1, 2023.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bay Area) or email@example.com (Sacramento)