Teaching the HSS Framework
New Programs & Resources to Support Framework Implementation
As the Primary Writers for California's new History-Social Science Framework, the CHSSP is uniquely positioned to support implementation of the new guidelines for instruction.
Framework Conferences (2019-20)
We're proud to announce a new series of conferences across California, focused on Framework implementation.
Sessions. Conference participants will enjoy extended sessions with ample time for discussion and sharing with your teaching colleagues, scholars, and teacher educators. You'll be able to choose from more than 20 different Framework-related topics, including the FAIR Act, world history, Native Californians, and special sessions designed specifically for elementary teachers and school administrators. Click here to see the full list of sessions and scheduled presenters.
Dates and Locations
- UC Irvine (September 10, 2019)
- Tulare COE, Visalia (October 17, 2019)
- CSU East Bay, Hayward (December 16, 2019)
- Riverside Convention Center (February 5, 2020)
- CSU Northridge (May 12, 2020)
- Shasta COE, Redding (September 2, 2020)
* All conferences begin at 8:00 and conclude by 3:30
Registration. Registration costs $225, and is payable via credit card or school purchase order. If you are interested in attending, reserve your spot today, as our last round of conferences sold out quickly. Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch, and parking.
Partners. We're proud to partner with our colleagues from the California Department of Education, select county offices of education and school districts, and our friends from the California Global Education Project, the California Council for Economics Education, the California Geographic Alliance, Ten Strands, and the California State University system.
Additional Framework Resources:
HSS Framework Questions. Click here to download an excel spreadsheet with Framework inquiry questions organized by grade level.
HSS Instructional Materials Adoption.
- Download the 2018 CHSSP Textbook Adoption Toolkit
- Blog post: 6 Strategies to Guide your HSS Textbook Adoption
- Blog post: In Search of a Better History Textbook