Four different collaborative groups for educators to support each other by sharing resources and discussing challenges of teaching during this pandemic and beyond:
- Teaching HSS Online
- Enhancing Civic Education
- Session #1 July 16, 10-11:30am. What does it mean to be civically-empowered people? Educators will share current challenges, resources, and goals in breakout groups. UCBHSSP Teacher Leader, Holly Royaltey shares a strategy for helping students break down the "why" and "so what" of social problems. Resources forthcoming.
- Teaching Elementary History-Social Science
- Local Histories of Racism. For more information, click here. To register, click here
- Session 1: July 8, 1 - 2:30 pm. How have other communities in California explored their past and determined steps of reparation?
- Session 2: July 10, 1 - 2:30 pm: How can I Iearn about the history of race and racism in my community?
- Session 3: July 22, 1 - 2:30 pm: How can I share what I found with students?
- Session 4: July 24, 1 - 2:30 pm: What might transitional justice look like in my community?
Meeting times may vary by group. More information and registration information updated regularly.