Advancing Student Learning & Literacy
The California History-Social Science Project (CHSSP) is a K-16 collaborative of historians, teachers, and affiliated scholars dedicated to the pursuit of educational excellence in history and social science. Headquartered in the Department of History at the University of California, Davis, there are seven CHSSP sites across California.
Explore our site to:
- learn about professional development programs for teachers
- download curriculum aligned with both the Common Core State Standards and the California History-Social Science Standards
- find the CHSSP site closest to your school
- download our quarterly magazine, The Source, with teacher profiles, free resources, and lesson ideas for classroom teachers
- download teaching resources that put current events into their appropriate historical context.
- contact the CHSSP staff, our regional sites, or our Advisory Board
**Planning your summer? Attend a professional development institute in your area HERE!**
Want more? Visit our Facebook Page