Leaders for equity transform education to improve access, opportunity, and inclusion for students and adults, especially those who are systemically marginalized and historically underserved, so that they can thrive. - 21CSLA Equity Statement
In 2020, the California Subject Matter Project became a partner in a new endeavor focused on supporting educational leaders - the 21st Century School Leadership Academy.
Educational Leaders (including school, district, and county office administrators, as well as teacher leaders) are invited to join colleagues from the CSMP and 21CSLA in a series of free programs that offer leaders both cross-disciplinary and discipline-specific tools to advance student learning and equity through localized professional learning, communities of practice, and individual coaching opportunities.
Inquiry Now: Equity--Centered Instructional Leadership Professional Learning Program
- What does equity-focused instructional leadership look like in school today?
- How can leaders leverage inquiry-based learning to improve access, opportunity, and inclusion for student populations who have been historically marginalized and underserved?
- Attend an Inquiry Now program to discuss how fostering a culture of inquiry can support a sustainable quest for continuous improvement that can redefine the professional role of classroom teachers and substantively improve student learning.
- Click here to register for Inquiry Now workshops in your area!
Universal Transitional Kindergarten
- The 21CSLA Universal Transitional Kindergarten Leadership Initiative is preparing leaders to "lead for equity" in rolling out California's groundbreaking TK for all 4-year olds.
- Leaders can access more than 60 hours of content on topics such as developmentally-appropriate instruction, socio-emotional development, inclusive practices for English Language Learners and bilingual students, recruiting and retaining highlight trained and qualified teachers who reflect the community, home/family engagement, and integration across preschool through third grade.
About the 21CSLA Partnership
- Leaders can participate in Communities of Practice, Localized Professional Learning, and Coaching opportunities.
- Learn about the 21CSLA State Center, a partnership between the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Education, UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies and UCLA Center X, and the California Subject Matter Project (of which the CHSSP is a member).
- Learn about the work of the 21CSLA Regional Academies.